Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

The morning was a relaxed affair. By 9, everyone was ready and soon the guests started coming in. Aniyan had arranged a taut, well conducted '28th day celebration' for his granddaughter. In lighter vein, I think I now know as to why the fairer sex has a penchant for gold - the gold that the little girl has received as gifts on the occasion had put this thought into my mind, I must confess - its seed is sown on every child's 28th day!

As per quaint traditions, the child's dad whispered her name into each of her ears, one after the other and then it was announced aloud for everybody's benefit - accordingly, she's Prarthana, officially and Paru, unofficially. Soon after, the traditional lunch was served and we had it in the first round so that we could take off for Guruvayur immediately after. Suma kunjamma, my mom's youngest sister, had to be dropped enroute at the 'Sreesankareeyam' Ayurveda Eye Hospital at Koothattukulam where my uncle was admitted for an 18 day therapy to get his right eye's vision corrected by ayurvedic treatment.

I must confess that I was ignorant about ayurveda curing serious ophthalmology cases and the place resembles a five star resort with the most modern facilities. There were many foreign patients as well, confirming the fact that it had an international appeal too.

We'd left the place by 1430 hrs and were at 'The Quarterdeck' half an hour before sunset. The usual rigmarole, post outing, was carried out and I'd even gone for a short walk.


Tailpiece.

Yet another short trip - a distance of 330 kms - and was able to fulfill all the tasks that we'd thought off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment