Saturday, April 30, 2016

My little maman.

Krishna Kumar, my junior maman, had come in from Kidangoor last night. Ever since we've shifted to Guruvayur, he has made it a point to visit the shrine every month. I also have this smug feeling that he likes being with us. So leaving his wife, daughter and granddaughter, he'd reached here a trifle after 9 last night thanks to a Kochi-Guruvayur bus that took more time than usual! He'd started at 3 in the afternoon.

As per his requirements, I'd got up at 5, prepared a cup of black coffee and had given him a shake up. He left for the temple at a half past 6 soon after I'd returned from my walk. It was from our family What'sApp group's first message of the day that told me it was Anian's - my small maman, as he's popularly known among everyone in the family - birthday. Lekha and I decided to do the needful.

A cake was rustled up from a bakery that we frequent. So, by the time he was back from the temple, the cake cutting ceremony could be organised and wasn't he pleasantly surprised? Lekha and her assistant, Preetha, meanwhile, had prepared the traditional lunch and served it on banana leaves. Anian, usually not emotionally expressive, was so for a change and expressed his gratitude to mom and Lekha. Soon after, I'd dropped him at the private bus stand for his return trip. Lately, he's had problems of drifting off to deep slumber and missing deadlines. Hence, I'd seen him off with a bit of trepidation and said a small prayer to god to safeguard him from difficulties.

The unease lifted off only after I'd got a call from him around 7 saying that he'd reached home.


Tailpiece.

A simple, straight forward man!  

No comments:

Post a Comment