Saturday, March 31, 2018

The little things that made the day.

I'm gonna touch up on small things - trivia - that constituted my day that gave me tremendous satisfaction.

# Had got up precisely at a 10' past 5, went through my chores and was out of the house at 6. I'd headed for the Rajah Hospital to go through another round of blood tests - fasting and post prandial. The sister on duty had drawn the sample without giving me even a bit of pain while driving in the needle. She'd pasted the small circular patch over the spot and I'd set off for home.

# It was while I was walking that I happened to notice a big blotch of blood beneath the patch. Was it because I was walking, immediately, after the drawal of the sample? Should I return to the hospital and have it checked by the sister to see if everything was okay but I pushed the thought away and decided to react if the blotch got bigger. Thankfully, it didn't!

# Lekha's assistant, Preetha, was on leave for the day. Though Lekha did not require any help from me, assistance was provided by putting the soiled linen into the washing machine, hanging the washed clothes on the clothes line, carrying the meals to the table from the kitchen, removing the used plates from the table to the sink at the work area etc, etc.

# Watching 'Crime Patrol' on the Sony channel after lunch. It was a chilling story about the gruesome murder of a brother and sister. Around 3, I'd taken off for the Rajah Hospital and as a prelude, to the auto rickshaw stand - too lazy to drive but there weren't any vehicles available. So, had returned and drove to the hospital in my Chevy.

# The sister did a botch up and hit the vein in her third attempt, causing me great discomfort. The worst was when she plunged the needle the first time and probed the vein with the needle. This was despite the warning that I'd  given her about the difficulty in picking my vein! While driving out, I'd inquired about the gatekeeper's personal details and Padmanabhan seemed to be thrilled that I remembered his name and gave me a smart salute!!

# No sooner had I returned home than I'd turned off to bed to catch my forty winks. About an hour later, the hospital's messenger had come in with the results. He was keen to know about Radhan chettan whom he'd taken to the hospital a fortnight back in the ambulance and looked sad when I told him the story.

# The results were encouraging because the earlier readings had come down after a week's intake of the doctor's medication. In the light of the present revelations, however, my sugar readings are perfectly within normal limits! Do I require medication at all, I wonder? Must ask the doctor during my forthcoming visit.

It was a quiet day and it's now confirmed that I've to go to Thiruvananthapuram tomorrow itself for the official function on Tuesday because it's gonna be a 'hartal' on Monday.  Lekha has decided to stay put at 'The Quarterdeck' during my absence; earlier, she'd planned to go to my sister's at Palakkad.


Tailpiece.

Must put Selvam's son, Raja, in the Foundation against a stipend, for a while, as he searches for a suitable job. The boy is smart and has pleasant manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment