Friday, June 7, 2019

Unpardonable!

Meet Lieutenant Colonel Anup Joseph Manjali.....

He killed three terrorists in a personal encounter and earned a Kirti Chakra from the honourable President. He must have held his head high when he eliminated those foreign enemies who posed a grave threat to his motherland.

Being righteous must have been ingrained in his soul, I guess. Regardless of being in uniform, he thought it was his duty to stand up for the "Rule of the Law" of the nation. When he was off duty, he encountered some common Indian lads and lasses on their bikes who were moving on the footpath.

Poor soul, he did not know that those youngsters owned the road and footpath and like a true soldier, he did not allow them to pass by.

What followed was something for which we, as the citizens of this country, should hang our heads in shame!

Those brats jumped into an all out attack on the soldier.

"Lieutenant Colonel Anup Joseph Manjali (36), a Kirti Chakra awardee, was allegedly assaulted by five youngsters in an incident of road rage in Malad (West) in the early hours of Sunday. He is being treated for a dislocated shoulder and injuries under his eye and to the forehead and head".....

What the Colonel had to say literally boiled my blood,

"As I stood there, one of the guys came riding on the footpath with two women riding pillion and demanded that I move out of his way. I stood my ground and he pushed me out of the way with his bike. One of the women got off the bike and started abusing and screaming at me. One of the men started hitting me with a helmet and in seconds, two more bikes reached there and all of the guys started attacking me. I had neither raised my voice nor my hand at them".

What makes me angrier is that "....Two women were also present and were allowed to go".

WHY? BECAUSE THEY WERE WOMEN?

If that wasn't enough, the behaviour of the youngsters post incident and their parents were much more outrageous....

Lt Col Manjali's mother, who reached the scene as her son was being attacked, said,

"Even after the incident, the youngsters expressed no remorse. One of the women present at the scene boasted that she hailed from a top-notch legal family and was unconcerned about the case. At the police station, one of the parents of the two women even said that she was aware of her daughter's arrogance, as if it were a character trait of merit......"

An Army officer, who terrorised alien threats, only to lose to 'the Domestic enemies' and a couple of those who were allowed to escape!

More than being angry, I guess I just pity ourselves.....

The accused are:-

Sagar Vinay Singh(21), Shaun Merrian D'Souza(25) and Khizara Abbas Hasan Zaidi(21) were the three men.

The women haven't been named, as yet. 

The culprits - irrespective of gender - need to be brought to book at the earliest. Action also needs to be taken on the misguided parents for being remorseless and if you're to ask me, for bringing up such obnoxious children who are a disgrace to the society at large!  


Tailpiece.

Had got up at my usual time, gone through my chores and was ready well in time. After breakfast, the four of us were chauffeured to KIMS for showing Maman to the doctors for the severe pain that he has been having on his left foot. The entire process took over four hours and we'd a delayed lunch. Finished up quite a bit of work and left the office by around 8. Had a meeting, in between, to discuss the Reading Day-Reading Month activities in Kollam district. 





No comments:

Post a Comment