Monday, July 22, 2024

Falling journalistic standards!

Since my childhood days, I've been seeing the Indian Express newspaper in my house - from the time it was dropped by the newspaper boy in the morning, changing hands in the process of being read through the course of the day - and I've continued with the tradition.

I get my copies of The New Indian Express and the Malayala Manorama.

Now, let me come to the point.

On page 1 of the NIE, today, this is one of the headlines....

   "Stormy Budget Session from today as BJP allies join Oppn to raise heat".

Now see how the news item changes on page 7 of the same newspaper :-

   "NDA allies prepare plan to counter Oppn onslaught''.

What a fall! Or is it a deliberate attempt to twist the news?

    * Probably, it will create a rift between the NDA allies
    * Bring down the present government
    * The opposition gets to sit on the driver's seat

My take

What a fall in journalistic standards. Ramnath Goenka - wherever he is - must be disgusted at the fall in ethics of his newspaper!


Tailpiece.

Got up at a quarter to 6, the chores and was ready by a half past 9.

The  maid was at work today. Meanwhile, I'd done a washing machinex with the bulk of the soiled clothes, earlier.

Heavy rains through the course of the afternoon.

Bijeesh, the electrician, comes by and confirms that our television set at the first floor has a problem, tells Gireesh, our TATAPLAY service provider, to come and look it over tomorrow morning.

A quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment