Thursday, April 22, 2010

How corrupt is India?

As one surfs the news channels, it is pure muck that’s being thrown up every day and corruption seems to have seeped into every aspect of life in this country. The IPL controversy seems to be snowballing into a major embarrassment for any self respecting Indian – people who’re held in high esteem and regarded as icons by the masses are turning out to be the villains of the piece!
Is this another expression of life in the ‘kalyug’? Sadly, many of the players in this sordid saga, have got away with murder earlier too. Why don’t we punish these guys once for all? One feels sad that, as a professional, one has to salute these hoodlums, tricksters and frauds just because they have been saddled as our leaders thanks to India being a democratic country.
And we aspire to be a superpower!! I hang my head in shame for the simple fact that I too have been reduced to a helpless spectator, whereas my country expects me to do something as a responsible citizen!!!
Words fail me but I need to find my answers from within and I know that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment