Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The stunning news reports of the day

While browsing through the newspapers this morning, I was saddened by two reports in particular. The first was about a girl, who was repeatedly forced into sex by her father and had sired a child out of this incestuous relationship. The child, in turn, was forced to be abandoned by the perpetrator of the crime! I remember my Ammachi telling me, a long time ago, and I quote, “this is ‘kalyug’ and during this period all things unimaginable can be expected to happen as human beings would have degenerated to sinking depths of depravity. And this would signal the time for God to once again come in a new ‘avatar’ or incarnation on this earth, to teach man as to what is right and what is wrong in the way he has been leading his life”. Unquote. I can imagine the tremendous psychological strain that the poor girl would have undergone over the ghastly experience and one thing is sure, it's that she’d have lost faith in relationships as a whole.

The second was about a brother officer, quite junior to me in age and service, who has been literally caught with his pants down. I shall not sit in judgment over his actions because neither has anyone given me the mandate to do so nor do I’ve the right to do that and it would be very easy for me to sit on a high moral ground and mouth platitudes to impress the others.

Sukhjinder must be suffering silently and I suppose, he’ll have to go through this dark phase that he has brought upon himself. But what saddens me is the tremendous strain that Mrs. Sukhjinder and their two children( a daughter, who I’m told is in her teens and a son) have to undergo, for no fault of their’s. Here’s wishing that God gives them the strength to tide over this nightmare and come out totally unscathed from the sorry episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment