Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Madhu calls on, Maman fetches up

Madhu calls on
This afternoon, before my usual routine of lunch and snooze during the break in the afternoon, Captain VK Madhusoodanan, the Commanding Officer-designate of the soon to be commissioned INS Deepak, called on me. There are two aspects about the youngster that I must put in and they are, he was impressed by my style of working at the C-LABS(Centre for Leadership and Behavioural Studies) in my heydays and secondly, he’s related to me through Lekha. He, therefore, endeavours to keep in touch with me and seeks advice from me on issues that worry him.
I must admit to having a soft corner for him, his wife, Rekha and their two children, Megha and Rahul. They’ve been part of the extended family from the time that we were at Kochi between 1997 and 2000. Anyways, it was great seeing him and I gave him some tips, to keep up his sleeve, as he went about preparing his ship for commissioning. I hope he finds them worthwhile and sincerely wish that he comes out with flying colours in all his endeavours!
Maman fetches up
My maman fetched up this evening and he will be here for the next few days, till Saturday. Both of us were scheduled to meet the Rashtrapati on 29 Apr to invite her for inaugurating the conclusion of the yearlong ‘PN Panicker centenary celebrations’ scheduled on 19 Jun and MPs, PJ Kurien and Shashi Tharoor are supposed to be accompanying us. But as it turns out, I shall be at home with my parents on that particular day, as I’m off to Kochi on work tomorrow morning and shall return only on 02 May.

No comments:

Post a Comment