Sunday, April 4, 2010

Young Govind, my latest friend!

Lekha’s nephew, Govind, over the last week that he has been with us, has got closer to me and I think, he’s shown an increasing tendency to spend more time with me. He’s studying in the third standard and his being promoted to class IV is a foregone conclusion. On their first evening out here, while I was sitting to blog, he came and sat beside me, after taking permission, as it was a trifle late in the evening. To send him to bed, without much ado, I’d then asked him to massage my head while I was working on my thoughts. I was under the impression that he’d get bored and go off to bed without any delay, but what he did eventually, surprised me. Not only did he do the work diligently but also showed an inclination to sit with me till I finished and I’d to literally tuck him into bed, sometime in between, so that it did not get too late for him.

I’ve lost count of the many questions that he has already asked me and as I anticipate, he’s still left with many more to ask of me before he boards his flight in the afternoon, tomorrow. I really like my interactions with him because it keeps me alert to the fact that I’ve to set an example in every manner as is expected of me. He, I presume, has already labeled me as a joker as he keeps egging me to come out with my PJs and laughs his gut out, which I must admit, gives a tremendous boost to my ego and sets my adrenaline rising. And this evening, he tells me that ‘he’d miss me as he likes me a lot’.

I would like to believe that he finds in me some qualities that he’d like to emulate. But the truth is that I’m gonna miss him like ever before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment