Thursday, July 1, 2010

Much ado about nothing!

Last Monday I’d seen a senior’s lament on our school circuit that he’d a problem with the Kerala State Electricity Board(KSEB), in that, since January this year, of the three phases of his household’s power line one had gone duff and despite repeated lodging of complaints, the local guys seem to have told him that he’d have to buy a new coil of cable to replace the existing one, between his house and the electric post from where it led.
To me it seemed to be a genuine problem and after speaking to the troubled schoolmate, I decided to use my powers of persuasion, on the people that matter, to retrieve the situation. Amongst the present dispensation at the Electricity Board I know two people viz. :-
(a) the Chairman himself who’s again a junior from my school and whose House Captain I was in
1971 –’72
(b) an Executive Engineer, who used to be my playmate, during our primary school days, as her family were our neighbours.
I decided to start my quest for the problem with the second official and accordingly, called up on Tuesday and apprised her of the problem(there was no hesitation on my part asking for this favour because it wasn’t my personal requirement) and presto, within 24 hours the problem had become a thing of the past without the complainant having to spend anything from his pocket and wasn’t he thrilled and profusely thankful? In addition, he has put this act of mine in the public domain on our old alumni net. Congratulatory messages, coupled with telephone calls, have been pouring ever since for a small thing, which I’m sure, anyone in my place would have done.
And thanks, Neena for your swift action!

No comments:

Post a Comment