Friday, July 2, 2010

A part of my music died today!

Radhappa chettan breathed his last and passed into eternity this afternoon. My mother has been inconsolable. I’d made a promise earlier that I’d be in constant touch with him once he came out of this difficult period but that was not to be.
About four days back, early in the morning, while saying my customary prayers to all those who’ve passed into eternity but have had a significant role in my growth thus far, I’d reached the last name and Radhappa chettan came inadvertently into my thoughts and I was shaken. On discreet enquiries, I’d then come to know that he was deteriorating and was on a ventilator. Knowing the strength of his character, I was sure that he’d come back unscathed and hence my earlier blog, but fate had willed otherwise. No, I don't claim to be another Nostradamus and I must candidly admit that I really do not know what's gonna happen to me in the next couple of minutes nay seconds.
What happens when one’s promised something and is unable to fulfill that promise? I’d said that I would have a continuous dialogue with Radhappa chettan once he returned from his difficult period, unscathed. But that was not destined.
So God, you need to help me on this before I lose faith in you, and you’d better buck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment