Sunday, December 11, 2011

At a wedding.

It was a bright Sunday and the day was pretty warm. We're looking forward to attend the wedding of li'l Divya with Venugopal and we'd donned our Sunday best.

The wedding was special as Divya is the daughter of one of my classmates from school. I've seen the young lady grow up and still can't believe that she's gonna raise her own family! Time really flies as it seems that it was only yesterday that her dad and me had played cricket for our school. On a very personal level,  it was like conducting the wedding of my own child, if I'd one!!

Another enticement to attend the function was the opportunity to meet up with my classmates to reminisce the good 'ole times and be 'boys' - albeit for a short while - yet again. Altogether, a nice function and times happily spent with promises of meeting up soon.


Tailpiece.

(a) It was as if the entire Kochi had descended to be at the function and consequently, cars and private vehicles were a plenty, so much so, that we'd to walk almost a kilometer to the venue, from the parking spot. It definitely did build up my appetite!

(b) The 'sadya' was a grand affair and I must admit that I ate myself silly! I'd to compensate for it with an extra stretch of walk and exercises in the evening.


PS.

Cartoonist Mario Miranda has passed away. His cartoons had a Goan ethos and I used to be look forward to his cartoons in the 'Illustrated Weekly of India' that were essentially travelogues covering the cities of the world. One of his caricatures, the buxom Miss Frankie Nimboopani, still comes vividly in my mind.

The country has lost yet another illustrious son.

RIP, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri Mario Miranda!

No comments:

Post a Comment