Friday, December 16, 2011

Emotions, experiences......uncut!

Today, I'm gonna talk of two divergent observations of mine thanks to the events that had happened this morning and I must say that they've further enriched my life. So, here I go.

1. There's a child in everyone of us.

As I was going around doing my usual morning chores at home, I heard peels of girlish laughter and a little kid's excited howls from the children's park below my window. The expressions on the young mother's face(she was doing a reciprocal up a spiralling slide and thoroughly enjoying it) and her young daughter(a little over two years and who was perched atop a horse of the adjacent merry-go-round) were invaluable and I didn't want to miss an ideal photographic situation. I'd that desperate itch to can those genuine emotions for posterity and armed with my camera, but without giving them the feel that they're being pried upon(?), I took a few snaps of the twosome.

It was only then that I met the mother to tell her about my surreptitious deed! Thankfully, she didn't mind my foray into her privacy and gave her ex-post-facto consent! And I felt pleased as Punch that I'd done something worthwhile after a long time.

I'm a rookie photographer too, you see!!



2. In search of the elusive.

I've come across numerous people who resort to various methods towards attainment of peace in their lives. The conflict in personal requirements, coupled with the pressures of everyday life, drive many to seek solace from sources based on the information passed on to them by good friends and relatives. I shall not sit in judgement on many of these conglomerations as I'm neither aware of their intentions nor their efficacy and I'm a firm believer that one has to find one's inner peace oneself as one does not, repeat not, require an usher for its attainment. One's eyes and ears need to be open at all times to assimilate the happenings around oneself which is the greatest education!

This friend of mine narrated her experiences on being part of such a conglomeration, where she started neglecting even her own family to be in consonance with the 'group's requirements'. It continued for over a year when she realised that the one thing - inner happiness - for which she'd embarked on this journey continued to be elusive and nowhere in sight and additionally, had started hurting her own near and dear ones, thanks to her actions. It was a rude awakening and then she told herself that enough was enough and cut short that journey.

Today, she's contended and at peace with herself. She does things that gives her happiness and I'm glad for her because she's gone through great pain in her life thus far!

God, do please take care of her!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment