Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ah! The city that I love, yet again!!

As the aircraft made a smooth touchdown at Pune's tarmac, there was a rush of adrenaline. I was excited like a school kid and was trying to identify the numerous landmarks of the city that are familiar to me - from the air - as we're descending. I've always asked myself as to why I go through this state every time I visit this city.

Perhaps, it all began from that cold January morning of 1973 when I'd first got down from the train as an unsure lad to join the NDA which was going to be my home for the next three years. Thereafter, the newspapers brought in the daily news about the city and coupled with my countless forays into the city on 'liberty' enhanced my liking for it. I'd made a sizeable number of friends beginning with the families of a few of my coursemates and the extended family today is fairly large!

Over the next three days, it shall be business combined with meeting people to ease the gnawing grief that has been the mainstay over the last few weeks. Tomorrow, it's gonna be a month since dad has left us. How time flies?

And thanks all of you for having taken it upon yourselves to share my grief. How do I repay your kindness?

No comments:

Post a Comment