Friday, February 17, 2012

In the city of oranges.

Dateline 16 Feb.

My classmate, John's son is getting married at Nagpur - Joel is marrying his childhood sweetheart, Pallavi. I'd earlier promised to attend their engagement ceremony at Jodhpur in early Nov '11 but couldn't keep my word because of personal reasons. But I'd made a promise to myself that I'd attend the wedding, come what may.

It also was an added attraction that my course mate, Sekhar happened to be at the same place and I'd not met him after passing out of the NDA. And thus crystallised this trip when Lekha and me set off from our house in the wee hours of the day. The long break that we're presented in between, at Bombay, helped us to meet up with Ashok and Latha who'd gone out of their way to make things comfortable for us.

I can't express my emotions, coupled with the tremendous thrill, that I experienced while meeting with Sekhar and his wife, Vijaya whom we're meeting for the first time. The kindness shown and the way they've made our stay pleasant makes this trip memorable.

I've passed through this city a number of times in the past but to finally arrive and be part of a wonderful event is a dream come true. Thanks from the depth of my heart and on behalf of Lekha to Sekhar - Vijaya, John - Manisha and of course, Joel - Pallavi for making this happen.


Tailpiece.

Ever since our touchdown at 2000h, life has been on a roller coaster! 

No comments:

Post a Comment