Monday, July 16, 2012

Sans wisdom and another story.

1. Sans wisdom.

I was back on the dentist's chair this afternoon as my wisdom tooth had to be extracted. Thanks to my outrageous dental habits, the tooth had broken - over a period of time - reduced to a stub and was discoloured. The 'toothies' had been advising me to have it removed so that it did not trouble me later and they seemed to be pretty sure about the 'troubling bit'. And finally last week, taking Glence's advice, I decided to close the chapter once for all and had booked this appointment.

The entire sequence of operation had taken a trifle over an hour and Sanju had, indeed, done a good job. Whatever was left of the tooth lay in the tray and I - minus my wisdom! Er, not that there was anything much to boast of, huh!!


2. Sithara - on her maiden run.

During my evening walk, at one of the bus stops, stood a gleaming red bus adorned with sandalwood paste marks all over its body. Its name was 'Sithara' and it was clear that it was on its maiden run and the driver, in his late 20s, seemed to be ecstatic as well as enthusiastic. He was off his seat and chatting with the conductor and the cleaner, during the short break.

The city is known for these 'killer' buses as they race with one another, to collect as many passengers and in the process, set for themselves impossible deadlines. The resultant anguish and heartburn that they cause to their fellow motorists and the recurrent accidents caused by the rash and negligent driving are available as grim statistics about lives perished on roads.

Against this backdrop, this driver looked quite affable and gentle. Out of a sudden impulse, I butted into the conversing three, offered my hand to each and made an appeal to them that they should strive to be an 'accident-free' bus so that their vehicle would become the most sought after among the commuters!

They've given me a promise and their cell numbers!! Let 'Sithara' be accident free. Here's wishing them and 'Sithara' well in their endeavour!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment