Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A day packed with events.

Today was hectic. And the beauty was that the events cascaded over one another that, I must admit that I was left gasping in the end but on a high! I'd reached the office at my usual time and half an hour later, my good 'ole classmates - Ramesh, Mohan and his son, Vivek - gave me a surprise by dropping in.

I'd finished the morning's backlog by then and found time to catch up on our old escapades with my friends. Hence, I didn't feel guilty for a change! Meanwhile there was an other important event that was taking place - auditors were at work as part of their six monthly routine. Soon after my friends' were seen off, it was the turn of the auditor to provide a rundown. Things seem to be okay as he did not have any major points but I've always seen that their insightful observations are reminders that we could make mistakes, despite the best of efforts. A sobering factor, indeed!

And as I was about to leave, my successor had dropped by and I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was scheduled to leave for Guruvayur in connection with my cousin's wedding by 1400h. And after exchanging essential information, we'd bid farewell to meet up next Monday.

And then, it was a race to reach home, have a quick bite of lunch and kicked off for Guruvayur, along with mom. The drive was fine, with the traffic that was really manageable and could reach our destination by teatime. And the family just started growing as each group started fetching up. It was simply great.

And the evening moved onto a late night, but the catching up with everyone's life was still to reach its logical end.


Tailpiece.

Four generations of the PN Panicker family together after a long, long while! Simply fantastic!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment