Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beginning the day with bonhomie.

I'm going through the events of the day as they meandered by.

1. The morning hello.

No sooner had I stepped out of the building around a half past 5, for my walk, did I notice a gentleman headed in the same direction as I and I'd been noticing him for the past couple of days. He and me seem to have chosen the same time slot to exercise. I decided to say a hello to him and that got him to open up. He's Prakash, an engineer of the Military Engineering Service, living within our residential area. He'd hesitantly begun the conversation by saying that he had always thought me to be a north Indian and I didn't know as to whether I should accept that as a compliment or otherwise!

A simple man who was eager to tell me all about himself and I let him do just that by being on a listening watch! And thanks to his company, the walk of 3 kms seemed to be too damn short!! Thanks Prakash for being with me and looking forward to many more walks together in the coming days.

             *                                  *                                  *
2. Yet another miss!

My classmate from school was passing through the city. I haven't seen him after leaving school and had wanted to meet him but his engagements against my schedule just did not permit that rendezvous. We'd to settle for a poor substitute - a long chat over the telephone and brought ourselves up on each other. Jacob Koshy and me were in the same class all through our tenure at the Sainik School. He's one of the two bachelors of our class and I'm still curious to know as to why he's chosen to be one. I'd intended to ask of him the reason when we met but I suppose it will have to wait till the coming February when he comes down from Bahrain, to attend his niece's wedding.

He's off to Mangalore as I punch in these thoughts.

              *                                  *                                  *
3. Monitoring mom's health.

Mom seems to be bouncing back to normalcy. She's begun to hold longer sessions of conversation and spends more time in front of the television set. But over the last two evenings, she develops swelling on both her legs which disappears, mysteriously, by morning. The funny thing is that she hardly moves around and even if she did, they're a hesitating few steps with the least amount of strain as I'd like to believe and hence, the phenomenon is hard to explain.

Near normalcy in locomotion is gonna take time according to her doctor. Perhaps, an ayurvedic treatment complete with oils and massage or the 'panchakarma' is the next logical step after she's regained her fitness completely. I've already apprised the doc of my plans and he's endorsed my idea, as he's also not keen to pump in more medicines into her for prolonged periods!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. We'd be off to Guruvayur, to give the final way ahead for the completion of the remaining tasks so that our shifting into it by the end of the next month is smooth and with the least amount of hassles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment