Friday, October 11, 2013

Mom's excitement.

Last evening I'd explained our programme for the weekend to my mom. I plan to drive off early morning on Sunday to be at our ancestral house by lunch time. I'd informed Vijayan, the caretaker, about our plan and ever since that piece of conversation, he's been calling up frequently to fix up things to the minutest detail. Damn sweet of him! He tells me that there's a whole lot of people who've been inquiring about my mom's arrival details and the duration that she's gonna be there, seeing the house opened for some 'spring cleaning'.

It's over two months - how time flies?! - when I'd brought mom along with us and she was in a bad state then! Minni, my younger sister, was on her way to Bangalore to join her husband and the house had to be put under lock and key. And as we'd kicked off that morning, mom was given an emotional and tearful farewell by her friends and well wishers.

She's responded fairly well to the treatment administered so far but I shan't say anything further and prefer to leave it to her friends and well wishers to evaluate her current physical being. Meanwhile, mom has been preparing for the trip in right earnest and has been prodding Lekha into buying small knick-knacks to be given away while she's gonna be there. So excited is she about her impending visit, that I'm going through a pang of guilt for having taken her out off the surroundings that she's quite comfortable with! But, honest, I was left with no other choice!!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow, we'd be off to Thiruvalla - about 90 kms from our place at Kochi - to attend the wedding of Niki, the only child of Rebu and Suzie. We'd seen him graduate from a toddler to a gawky teenager with braces for straightening out his dentures to a strapping, young 'gym-made' gentleman that he's today. Sadly, Rebu had passed into the mist of time about seven years back owing to a massive heart failure. Suzie has commanded all of us, close to her, to be there at the function without fail to er,......... 'stand in for Rebu'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment