Sunday, September 16, 2018

An exhausting Sunday.

The day had begun on a leisurely note. Our 'sa'arthi' for the day was expected at 10 o'clock and so the both of us went about our chores without any hurry. But what made my life miserable was the persistent cough that had commenced this morning. And that too, without any throat infection, whatsoever. It put added constraints on me because I didn't want to pass it on to poor Lekha! The last time when such a situation had come about, we both coughed beyond a month....it was miserable! It's my fond hope that such a calamity isn't repeated this time.

Vineet, along with his car, was at our gate by 10 and we set off for Kayankulam without much ado. An hour later, we reached the Oasis Convention Center after asking for directions from a shop owner, on entering the outskirts.

The engagement ceremony of Gopu (Lekha's friend's son) and Roshni was a cute affair but what made it more alluring was that her sister, Chandni, was also engaged at the same time! Both the girls, as well as their prospective husbands, looked smart and photogenic. The lunch after the ceremony was a bitter experience when people, literally, pushed the other to get into the dining hall. Consequently, Lekha and I sat with the third batch. Wonder why people forget the niceties expected of them and I get worried when Lekha is pushed or when someone steps on her feet because of the wound on account of the plastic surgery done, a few years back.

We returned home by a half past 2 and had our 40 winks. I realised that my cough was getting to be worse and therefore, had to get a medical opinion. I'd gone across to the Pranav Hospital, next door, to show myself to Dr. Hareendrababu - a good doctor who was my mom's favourite. I could meet him without wait and as I told him about my difficulty, he was quick to prescribe the remedy. Then he held my hand saying that he could see my mom through me and went emotional......they used to converse on a whole lot of things when she used to visit him, he said.

His mother, all of 85 years, is at nearby Kunnicode and he makes it a point to visit her twice - both in the morning and in the evening when he also sees his patients at the clinic there. I told him that he was lucky and took leave of him. On return, I'd the first dose of the medicines without further delay hoping like mad that I'd be better during the journey early morning tomorrow.......the placebo effect was already on!

Met a few more guests and relatives who had dropped by. Meanwhile, the caretaker had called up to say that the deweeding work was completed. There is one more tier - the third and the lower most - left which will be taken on by the same team, next week. That will give the entire plot a clean, swept up look.

It was a comparatively early evening because of the long and early day tomorrow.


Tailpiece.

Had a long chat with Indira kunjamma and Anian, the conversations were refreshing!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment