Monday, September 3, 2018

At Raj Nivas.

Had got up on the dot, gone through the chores and was ready to set off for Aneet's wedding. Vineet, with his vehicle, had arrived and we left soon after. I'd spoken to my sister, Rema to come on to the road and that we'd meet Pidavoor amma on return but it was not to be. Amma was there out on the pathway and we'd got down to meet her.

The Pathanapuram-Adoor stretch was full of potholes and that, too, huge ones. Pitied poor Vinnet. The 17 odd kilometers took additional time to traverse. Despite that we were at the venue well in time with the bridegroom ready to be received by the bride's folks. Therefore, we could meet everyone from the family who were there and didn't miss out anyone. The sad fact, however, was that the crowd was far less than I had expected.

Aneet and Ashwany looked a handsome couple. Here's us wishing you both a long and happy married life and hope that you get whatever you wish for! Aneet, incidentally, after finishing his MBA has opened the 'Pizza pacific' outlet in Nasik and is bracing for doing better with his innovative ideas and long term perspective.

We left soon after the ceremonial lunch after taking leave of everyone. We were at Pidavoor after about three quarters of an hour. It was nice to interact with Amma who seemed to be at her jovial best. We left for Letha's house soon after, where I'd picked up my personal effects and my supper that Letha had prepared. Had released Vineet and the car on arrival at Raj Nivas.

I spoke to my parents and briefly outlined to them our programme, this trip. Could catch my forty winks by the time the caretaker had got me a cup of tea around a quarter past 4. I'd also rung up Sasi, the President of the library nearby and handed over two and a half grand rupees towards the yearly subscription of the Mathrubhoomi newspaper. That was yet another milestone that needed to be crossed. Sasi has also promised to replant a new jackfruit tree (Then-varikka) in our courtyard in place of the earlier one that was mistakenly removed by a labourer.

Between the caretaker, me and the would-be-labourers, we sealed the deweeding exercise in the rubber plantation around the house @ 25 men. The work will be executed wef next Monday.

By evening, I'd finished my work for which I'd made this short trip. It was then that my friend had informed me about the passing away of his father @ 87 due to old age related illness. Without delay, I'd passed it on to all our course mates on the What'sApp.

My cousin, Unni and his wife, Jalaja were the next to call to inform me that their son was getting married on 16 Dec. The details would be passed on when they come to formally invite us at Guruvayur. This was followed by a call from Bunty and Babli, the couple who used to help us with our household chores while we were at New Delhi. They wanted to know as to whether the floods had caused nuisance for us and also to inform us about their son, Rahul's impending betrothal!

Sreedevi, a member of the Thottadiyil family, was passing by when she saw the windows and door opened. She excitedly charged in to inform me about having become a grandmother; her daughter had recently delivered a baby girl! Couldn't believe that the 40 plus old, chit-of-a-girl has become a grandmother!!


Tailpiece.

Tomorrow Rema and I are going to look up Varadamma Appachi (My dad's youngest sister). She was recently hospitalised for a medical condition.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment