Tuesday, March 8, 2022

A jolt, albeit, for a short while!

At the Kottayam bus stand last night, I took an enormously long time to go to the rest room because I wasn't aware of the duration of the stop and neither had I asked the conductor/driver about it! Sometimes mistakes take place uninvited! A relieved me thanked both the driver and the conductor who, instead, said that it was their duty to look after the passengers' requirements. The KSRTC staff has become more courteous.

We'd resumed our journey with the bus doing great speeds. An hour and a half later, Aniyan had rung me up to say that he'd got the connecting superfast after an hour and reached his home by 1. I reached Thrissur by about a half past 3, where I'd disembarked and boarded the fast passenger bus to Guruvayur, that was already standing by. 

The run to Guruvayur took about a half an hour, thanks to very sparse traffic at that time of the hour. Guruvayur has become unsuitable for driving because the roads have been dug up for laying the water pipe line as well as for resurfacing. There were four young ladies - a teacher and her students from Bangalore - who'd to be navigated, after getting off the bus at the stand, to a good hotel for settling down for the night. 

I'd then got on to an auto rickshaw for home and after passing through quite a few deviations, reached home by a half past 4. Lekha had got up and opened the door and it was then that I realised that my lap top was in the vehicle where I'd placed it while paying the driver the fare.

It really jolted me and I'd decided go across to the same auto stand and retrieve it a little later!

Half an hour later, the lad - his name is Sunil - had returned to give me back the lap top. He wouldn't take anything from me.....must felicitate him at one of the public functions later, because he's sincere, hardworking and a likeable fella.

Undertook a few activities, for the day, in the social medium and had a nice, short nap in the afternoon which reduced my fatigue to a considerable extent.

Latha, had come by instead of our maid and did the jobs.


Tailpiece.

A quiet day, otherwise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment