Thursday, March 31, 2022

Under the surgeon's knife!

My sebaceous glands have played havoc, yet again. This time, the cysts have formed on each of my eyelids.(A condition that I hated to see in others during my childhood. I'd recalled that to the ophthalmologist Dr Rani Menon, who did the intervention). And she said that everything in life has a way of returning!

Actually, it was Dr Satish Bhat, who was reviewing my sugar levels, the day before yesterday, who put the fear of god into me for having lived with it for the last three months! Commencing with the unveiling of my grandfather's statue by the Rashtrapati, I was busy doing the groundwork followed by his 113th birthday celebrations from the ides of March. I'd deliberately put off the medical intervention.

Anyways, after Satish Bhat's coaxing, I'd rung up the ophthalmologist on return from Kochi, last evening and she had asked me to meet her this afternoon at 1. 62-year-old-Purushu was my chauffeur and it was he who had signed the consent letter for the medical intervention. By a quarter-past-2, I was in the minor OT of the Rani Menon's Eye Hospital at Thrissur.

The cyst on the right eyelid was threatening but the muck was drained out within no time. The left one that was of an earlier vintage was subdued but had quite a bit of muck that had to be drained out. The whole procedure must have taken not more than 20' and I place on record Dr Rani Menon and her team's professionalism, efficiency and dedication.

For me, she had done a personal favour when I'd told her yesterday, that I've to be at Thiruvananthapuram on 04 Apr, to celebrate my aunt, Indirakkutty's 80th birthday. Damn sweet of her. Sisters Raji and Aathira assisted the doctor during the procedure and I'd insisted on seeing them after the bandage around my eyes had been removed and thanked them for looking after me. Nicy and Swadisha were the other sisters who'd monitored me, post-intervention. 

We, Malayalees, can definitely be proud of Dr Rani Menon's Eye Hospital that has LASIK and state-of-the-art technology!!

Purushu had dropped me back home by 5. He has become yet another fan of mine after today's association.


Tailpiece.

Today happens to be my niece, Ammu's birthday. She's currently doing her management studies at the Babson College, Massachusetts in Boston.     

No comments:

Post a Comment