Monday, March 7, 2022

Muthachhan's 113th birthday celebrations (7).

Had got up at about a 5' past 3, washed up and recited my prayers. Turned off to sleep yet again and got up at a half past 6, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 9. Had finished my packing and took leave of Ammayi. Chambu had gone for his examination - the third in the series.

Since today's programme was scheduled at 5, in the evening, we had headed straight for the Foundation. It was a comparatively quiet forenoon. Quite a few pending work were wrapped up during the lull.

Lunch was had around 2 and the food was brought from the nearby Gandhi Smarak. It was vegetarian and nice. I'd also caught up with my 40 winks and felt refreshed; raring to go. 

We moved into the venue by a half past 3, fine tuned the meeting arrangements and we'd an agonising wait for the crowd to swell to an acceptable level, which it did eventually.

The chief guest for the day's function was V Sivankutty, the state's education minister and the others were M Vijayakumar, the former speaker and Adv VV Rajesh, the member of the Poojappura council. The function went off very well, Anju Gopal proposed the vote of thanks and I shot off to Thampanoor to board the 2032 Super Deluxe bus to Mananthavadi. Aniyan was with me till Kottayam. (My idea was to carry out the journey during the night hours so that the daytime, tomorrow, was available for work). The state's roller skating team gave us a demo of their skills. The little kids are going next month to Punjab for the national championships. 

It has been 8 days since I left Guruvayur! Lekha has held the fort admirably well and our neighbours, the Radhakrishnans, have been monitoring her.


Tailpiece.

Felt nice that I could follow through the entire set of events without any problems. Of course, the sad part was that Lekha and I'd to drop out of our course mates' get together from 07 to 11 Mar. I suppose one can't get everything one wishes for!


No comments:

Post a Comment