Friday, March 24, 2023

At Raj Nivas.

Got up at 4, thanks to Lekha's cellphone alarm. Went through the chores but whatever one had tried, we could set off for Kochi only at a 10' past 7. Kittu and Chakki were in attendance to see us off. The traffic wasn't much and we pressed on to the Ananda Bhavan at Chalakkudy where we ordered for a 'combo', as usual and washed it down with a filter coffee.

We'd entered Vyttila by about a 10' past 10 and reached Satish Bhat's clinic by about a half past 10. The doctor had gone to the bank in pursuit of his daughter's - I met her, Ankur by name and she's looking at a college in Pennsylvania - educational loan. She was thrilled when I told her that I'd be keeping track of her studies from her dad.

Left his clinic by a quarter past 12 and headed for the Aryaa's at Panampilly Nagar to have lunch. What pleased me about my visit to the doctor were the following that he told me :-

     * my blood sugar levels have been brought under control.
     * my weight is almost steady at 62.5 kgs and
     * my HBA1C has been steady at 6.6.

The lunch of fried rice and Gobhi Manchurian was super. We shot off from there at a fairly high speed and reached Shenoy Care by a 10' past 1. Our thrill was short lived as the reception told us that we could meet one of the juniors at the 'lupus clinic' but not Dr Padmanabha Shenoy. Lekha, then, took another appointment on 31 Mar insisting on meeting the doctor.

We drove straight for Raj Nivas and reached home by a half past 4. Passed through a light drizzle in certain places, closer home. Enroute, Lekha had picked up groery and fresh fruits and vegetables from the 'More' outlet.

Spoke to mom and dad and briefed them about our program.

Watched the television while I wrote the blog and my diary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment