Saturday, March 4, 2023

My soul is in a hurry.

By the Brazilian poet, Mario de Andrade.

I counted my years and realised that I have less time to live than the time I have lived so far.

I have more past than future.

I feel like that boy who had a bowl of cherries. At first, he gobbled them but when he realised there were only a few left, he began to taste them intensely and passionately....

I no longer have time to deal with mediocrity/ordinary.

I do not want to be in meetings where flamed egos parade.....

I am bothered by the envious who seek to discredit the most able, to usurp their places, coveting their seats, talent, achievements and luck.

I truly do not have time for endless conversations, useless discussions about the lives of others who are irrelevant to mine.....

I no longer have the time to handle or manage the sensitivities of people who, despite their chronological age, are immature.....

I hate to confront those who struggle for power and those who do not debate the content, just the labels...

My time has become scarce to debate labels.

I can understand the inner essence in this world now.....

My soul is in a hurry.....

Not many cherries left in my bowl.....

I want to live close to people who are "human" - humans who laugh at their own weaknesses ;

...and away from those who have become smug and overconfident with their triumphs and away from those filled with self-importance.....

The essentials are what make life worthwhile......

And for me, the essentials are more than enough!

Yes, I'm in a hurry.
I'm in a hurry to live with the intensity and passion that only maturity can give.....

I do not intend to waste any of the remaining cherries.....

I am sure they will be exquisite, much more than those eaten so far.

*     *     *

As said by Confuius : "We have two lives. The second begins when you realise you only have one".


Tailpiece.

Got up at 6, the chores. Washing machinex, changed the bed linen and had my bath after breakfast.

A quiet Saturday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment