Sunday, March 12, 2023

Back at The Quarterdeck.

My cellphone alarm had woken me up at 4, in the morning. Went through the chores but it took my caretaker's piping hot cup of tea, at a half past 5, that carried the day. Consequently, skipped the first RTC bus that passed by a trifle after 6 and was able to board the second that arrived at our gate at a 20' past 6.

Reached the Kottarakkara bus stand by around a quarter to 7. Went to the refreshment stall, had two vadas and a cup of tea and Gladstone, the guy at the counter, gave me a chair in his otherwise small outlet to spend the time till my bus fetched up. Damn sweet of him. Gladstone, took me to be a doctor and I'd to correct his perception! The chai-making guy prodded me to reserve my seat as the train services had been interrupted due to repair work to the tracks.

I overlooked his prodding because I didn't see a consequent crowding of passengers at the bus terminal. Finally, the low floor, air-conditioned bypass rider to Kozhikode that was supposed to reach there, from Thiruvananthapuram came at a 20' past 7 instead of its scheduled time 7 and I was given a seat behind the driver!

I was sitting comfortably on the two-seater, till Krishna joined me at Changanasserry. She's very outgoing and friendly; we'd a running conversation till I got off at Kunnamkulam. Krishna is doing the final semester of dentistry at a college in Kottakkal. 

Thanks to the effervescent and chirpy young lady, my journey went off without any boredom. 

At Kunnamkulam, was flummoxed for a while without knowing as to where the auto-rickshaws, plying towards Guruvayur, were parked. Reached home by a quarter past 2, had lunch - Lekha had made my favourite fried rice and peas curry. Had a short siesta.

Carried out the clearing of the wet and dry waste bins and settled down for watching television after the lighting of the lamp in the puja muri.

A quiet evening, thereafter.


Tailpiece.

Yet another short trip to the ancestral home went off flawlessly!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment