Saturday, May 6, 2023

Adieu Yedu's Amma!

My classmate, Yedukumar's mother all of 96 yrs, passed into the mist of time this morning. See the paradox, Yedu and his wife, Raji had landed at Seattle in the US to be with their son for three months, earlier in the day!

I remember our trip to Kozhikode and our brief stay with Yedu and Raji, in late 2018, before resuming our onward trip to Wayanad for our class get together. Both Yedu's and Raji's mothers were there and I really enjoyed my interactions with the both of them.

I'd kissed both of them as I took leave and Yedu's mom had from then on labelled me as "that friend of yours who kissed me!"

I remember her unrestricted show of affection - despite her failing eyesight - and I humbly bow down to that great lady's memory. My tears and prayers. Om Shanti! Sadgati. May god give Yedu and his family the strength to bear this irreparable loss.

(As per the obit in the Malayala Manorama, Mrs Yashoda K Menon - all of 93 years - was the wife of the late Chittoor Cherupaala Pathaayappura Kunjikkutta Menon. Yedukumar, Madhavan, Janaki, the late Vijayakumar are their children). 


Tailpiece.

Got up a trifle earlier than 6, the chores and was ready by a quarter to 10.

Devika, the maid - standing in for Aswathy - came earlier than usual and went about her work.

Helped Lekha in watering the plants in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment