Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Manipur - the true story (2).

....contd (2). 

In the mountains and the land beside each party is trying to keep the other away, by firing sporadically all night. Both sides have adequate weapons to wage a war. Men of both sides sit out the whole night congregated centrally to protect their villages from burning. The blame game is unending. No one trusts anyone. Even when called to rescue they want only the army to rescue them. The confidence we, men in uniform, enjoy is superlative.

I have learnt a great lesson. I was hit by a boulder on my head when I was fighting a mad crowd to save a young civilian boy from being killed. I was hit by a rock thrown by one boy who was later found to be under substance abuse, this was when I was pulling the youth from being the cause of the murder. They were not against us, just angry that a youth from the other tribe had entered their village. When the guys saw that my head was bleeding, they actually stopped their frenzy and hugged me, shouted at that boy, caught him and beat him and took me aside wanting to take care of me. The entire village today wanted to say sorry to me and make amends by bringing that boy to me. All I said was I forgive you because all I wanted was peace for you.

The humanitarian crisis is huge, will take time to get back to normalcy. But we will get there. For those people here in the military camp, ensuring health and hygiene, respect for their diversity and above all, ensuring happiness and that the kids have things to do, is something we are learning on the job.

The officers and men have been working tirelessly, all wanting to make a difference. The HQ above resilient to bring normalcy in the best way possible and fast, the boss here, genuine and fast. It has been an exposure that is going to stick to my soul for the years to come. The same peaceful people idolised, I saw them demonised before my eyes. But still under the toughest exteriors known to me, there was an angel wanting peace. After this I can actually say, god sent me and all posted to Manipur for a reason. To help the needy and ensure that the calamity is soft on the ones that are also blessed.

Praying that this beautiful state with the most beautiful people realise that what they had was beautiful, they had freedom from fear and peace, therefore they were happy. Let happiness be back.

But looking at our boys, in action, is something that is unmatched. After all we are the final responders.

The buck stops at the man in uniform and that's why the armed forces is the last bastion of the State. In solidarity with all those in uniform who are serving people and property in this terrible cycle of violence.

Jai Hind!  

.....Concluded.

Courtesy. What'sApp


Tailpiece.

Got up at a trifle before 6, the chores and was ready by 10.

Meanwhile, Lekha had gone for 'darshan' of Guruvayurappan. And on return, bought grocery from the Harisree supermarket.

Helped Lekha in watering the plants in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment