Saturday, August 7, 2010

Two sayings revisited

In the sixteenth century, in England, there used to be a loose conglomeration of people who endeavoured to educate the society on the importance of doing only good things towards living a fulfilling life. The conglomeration used to be called the 'Quaker Society' and it's one of their sayings that I've chosen as my life's dictum. I quote,"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good work, therefore, any kindness or any help that I can render, let me do it now. Let me not neglect or defer it, for, I'll not pass this way again".


Another beautiful saying that I try hard to follow but fail miserably is, 'To err is human, but to forgive is divine'.
Maybe I do not have the divinity, perhaps? Or is it that my evolution process has been stunted beyond repairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment