Sunday, August 8, 2010

O, those evergreens!

Today, two of my all time favourite Hindi movie numbers were seen on the TV and boy, wasn’t that a bonus?
The first was from the 1958 super hit ‘Kalapani’ starring Dev Anand and Madhubala and the number is ‘Achha chalo mein haarein, maan jaao na……’ The number has an ever refreshing twang to it and I never tire of hearing that because Dev Anand and Madhubala make a very effervescent team!

The second was the evergreen number ‘Phoolon ke rang se’ from the 1965 super hit ‘Prem Pujari’ which is my all time favourite. And I must admit having sung this song, in my groggy voice, once from the depth of my heart. The words are simply ageless, powerful and the most expressive of one’s innermost thoughts for another and shot against the beautiful backdrop of the Swiss Alps is simply fascinating!

I love the two numbers with no holds barred!!

No comments:

Post a Comment