Thursday, August 26, 2010

The essence of the Gita

"Main zindagi ka saath nibhatha chalagaya
Har fikr ko dhuen mein udatha chalagaya"

The beautiful opening lines of a Hindi movie number sung by one of my favourites, Dev Anand! Roughly translated - pardon both my Hindi and Urdu - the wordings mean something like this,
I've been faithfully following my life's calling and in the process, I was left with no worries as each of them vapourised into thin air thanks to my attitude!

This essentially, is the essence of the Gita. Man thinks that he's in control of his life and consequently, goes about utilising his resources towards achieving his perceived goals, utilising means based on his upbringing. As the meaning of life dawns upon him, it becomes clear that his life in this world's arena was based on a preordained script and He was its author.

No comments:

Post a Comment