Saturday, March 12, 2011

Another weekend but at our new address!

From the 20th of Jan ever since I'd left Delhi, I've been living out of suitcases. The pangs of shifting berth had to be experienced! But assistance from friends and coursemates came in handy and there was that wonderful sense of feeling wanted by quite a few and I felt nice. Lekha'd joined me a fortnight later.

Our stay at the mess, under the care of Johnson, the bearer, was free of all worries of running a house as things happened like clockwork, resulting in me putting on a few additional kilos to my expanding girth, the daily grind of exercises notwithstanding!

Over the past week, our luggage was unpacked and reset in the new house that has been allotted. And this evening was the first - after what seemed to be ages - at our new abode. The milkman and the newspaperboy will commence their work from tomorrow and life goes on, as usual.

Tailpiece.

The locality, where our new house is situated, is called 'Panampilli Nagar' after the late Shri Panampilli Govinda Menon who'd passed away while he was the union Law minister in the early '70s. He used to be a great friend of my grandfather and whenever he used to visit my grandparents, he used to gift me with chocolates. Years later, by my moving into a colony named after him, I feel that he's still taking care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment