Sunday, March 20, 2011

Connecting with dad.

This evening's 'Total Recall' on the Times Now channel focussed on the eternal love duets of all times. And somewhere through the programme came that haunting number from the movie 'Taj Mahal', 'Jo waada kiya wo nibhana padega'. This is my dad's most favourite number and I was curious to know as to what he was upto at that particular instant.

And so I rung up home, the receiver was picked up after quite a while by Ammu, my niece. I was thrilled to know that dad and mom were tuned into the same programme and I could hear the beautiful number in the background. After hearing about her college gags from Ammu, I'd disconnected. A very elated dad called me up subsequently to say that he'd enjoyed the programme thoroughly.

Dad's sensibilities have not been dented a wee bit by his advancing age or the Parkinson's and I'm damn glad about that, though mom had told me this morning about his bouts of forgetfulness. God, please keep him like that for the times to come.

And dad, continue doing what you enjoy most. May God be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment