Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ill luck in legions!

Years back, at the Holy Angels' Convent in Thiruvananthapuram where I'd done a chunk of my primary schooling, Sister Anne had once told our class - and I was hearing it for the first time - "when ill luck comes, it comes in legions" and it had left an indelible mark in the deep recesses of my mind as she'd then given the full import of the message.

Her words echo in my mind now as I hear the news of the continuing tragedy being played out in Japan. A nuclear nightmare that almost recaps the manmade disaster of Hiroshima and Nagasaki of 1945 is looming large! When will the Japanese' string of woes end?

It's touching to see the stoicism and the resilience of the people as they face the barrage of nature's fury. My salute to the people of Japan with the fond hope that they rebuild their country at the earliest and regain their past glory within the minimum feasible timeline!!

Tailpiece.
Nandu has been quiet over the past couple of days. Hope he and his family are fine and are contributing their mite towards helping their counterparts who're less fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment