Friday, March 18, 2011

Shreya - my latest friend!

We were at a private function hosted by one of my friends and in the course of the evening, I befriended quite a few people, but the interaction that I liked most was the one that I'd with a delightful and chirpy 7 year old called Shreya Joshi.

The first thing that struck me about the lovely child was her demeanour and conduct which were much beyond her age. To my query of the class in which she was studying, pat came the reply, 'Uncle, I was in second now I'm going to the third'. Over the evening she was forthcoming as to who her best friends were(why, because I can tell them anything and they also help me and play with me) and which teacher she liked most( Usha ma'am - that's her teacher of class I, if you please! And why? Because she taught us in a very interesting manner, was friendly and liked all of us, was also strict and she is beautiful!).

After our chat, she took permission from me to go and watch her favourite programme on the 'Pogo' channel leaving me mightily impressed. What fine upbringing and I did convey my feelings to her parents.

And all the time that I was in conversation with the young kid, I was comparing myself to her at that age of mine! Totally a 'dumbo' when my aim was to grow big and become the driver of a 'double decker' bus - I was quite fascinated that one single guy could drive the two floors effortlessly!!

My parents almost disowned me for that 'earnest' wish of mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment