Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In retrospect.

1. The pot-pourri in the Kerala Assembly.

The Kerala Legislative Assembly is in session and probably because Diwali falls during this session, there has been a series of fireworks within its four walls. The treasury benches and the opposition vie with each other to score brownie points, at each other's expense, resulting in frequent walkouts or disruptions. Is there a methodicity in this madness? The people have elected and sent in their representatives to discuss and churn out meaningful legislations to put the state on the path of progress but what is on display belies those expectations.

I've this sneaky feeling that the progress report of the government's achievements, during its first 100 days in power, had received a favourable response from every quarter. Has that jolted the opposition to put spokes into its working as they seem to fear a growing popular supprt in favour of the government? A responsible opposition, while being quick to point out mistakes made by the government and have them corrected should also support the right decisions in a sporting manner. But I suppose that's wishful thinking! When will we learn to respect other's views?


2. Diwali '11.

I've been keenly watching the run up to Diwali and the celebrations this year. While it has been nice, dignified and spectacular, the celebrations out here doesn't match the fervour and the grandeur with which it's celebrated in the northern parts of our country. An element of brashness coupled with a tendency to 'show off' is generally the trend out there and to my mind, it's done on a much larger scale! I'm reminded of my Diwali '10 at New Delhi!!

Anyways, here's me wishing all my followers a fantastic Diwali. May the festival of lights bring health, wealth and happiness in abundance, to each one of you.


3. Displaying emotions.

I was halfway through my customary walk, when I saw a handsome young couple, coming from the opposite direction, having a serious difference of opinion amidst themselves. While the young gentleman seemed to be on a continuous verbal onslaught(he didn't seem to be bothered by my seeing him) , the young lady hastily tried to cover her tearful eyes(unsuccessfully) with her pallu as they passed me!

It's none of my 'bloody' business,  you might say, but I hope that they could resolve their differences quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment