Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The crumbs of office!

As I'd mentioned earlier, ever since I've become the president of the residential association that we're part of, there has been a sea change in the attitude of the others. More people have come and made friends with me and the recognition has been widespread!

The grocer is willing to get the stuff, that I've bought, home despite the fact that he doesn't have a helper. And mind you, till a week back he had never offered similar services. The lad that cleans and washes my car has not bothered to collect his remuneration of the previous month despite my telling him to do so through numerous messengers. The lift that I usually use, due to its proximity to my flat, is spick and span and the common space in between the flats of my floor is sparkling and the differences are discernible as I've been observing them for the past few months. The guys on security duties at the gate smile, without fail, while bracing up for a smart salute.

I would like to believe that most of the things noted above used to happen, even before, when I was a 'commoner' resident! But my inner self stoutly denies it and is perplexed, ready to revolt against this special treatment yet unsure as to how to go about it!!

Crumbs! Little do they understand that the so called crumbs of office do not excite me even a wee bit!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment