Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Off to the Coromandel coast.

I've touched down at Madras and will be out here for the next couple of days, on work. The journey was fine when I'd the added responsibility of sitting next to one of the emergency exits - thanks to the young gentleman at the airport's counter who found me fit(?) to handle an emergency and enquired as to whether he could allot it since I'd asked for a window side seat!

A young German couple, on a honeymoon trip to this country, were my immediate co-passengers. They'd a whole lot of queries about the places to visit in and around Madras and I've given them a list of 'must visits' from what little I know of the metropolis! Saravanan, a young simpleton and who drove really well, was my 'saarthi' on touchdown. After the initial sequence of official work and setting up activities for tomorrow, it's time to meet friends and well wishers...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment