Sunday, March 11, 2012

Found him at last!

This is in reference to my jottings of 24 Feb. This evening, on my return walk, I came across him after what seemed to be a long hiatus and true to my earlier promise that I'd made to myself, gleaned all about him within the short span of time that was available.

I must admit that I was apprehensive as to whether he'd part with his personal particulars as it could have been a natural thought in his mind as to why I was prying on him! I mean, did it smack of any sinister design, like hounding him for wrongdoing or even, handing him over to the police etc, etc? But I suppose the comfort level that he's acquired with me over the past so many days and months had him relaxed!!

He's Subba Rao from the temple town of Pazhani where his wife, Angamma lives alongwith their son, daughter-in-law and their li'l grand daughter. The son works as a casual labourer and looks after the family. He's all of 77 years and has been following this routine for the past six years. His recent absence was owing to the fact that that he'd gone visiting his family. He continues - speaks chaste Malayalam - that he's infirm and cannot do any work and hence has resorted to seeking alms!

I intend putting him in an old age shelter nearby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment