Saturday, March 10, 2012

Morality - a new low!

Morality, in Kerala, has plumbed to an abysmal low as can be surmised, after I finish my narration of an unimaginable event that has hit the headlines.

In the sleepy hamlet of Kadakkal, in southern Kerala, where the population mainly subsists on gulf remittances, a mother and her mentally challenged son were forced to indulge in sexual acts by the brother-in-law of the lady and his friend and the scenes were caught on their mobile phone cameras. It was then that  a continuous mental torture of exploitation and extortion was brought to bear upon the lady. What has made the lady to spill the beans today, was when the nasty duo threatened to say it all to her husband who's slated to return from west Asia sometime next month. 

Degeneration going to such absurd lengths is unimaginable. But I'm reminded of my grandmother's saying and I quote, "This is kalyug. And in kalyug, anything and everything can happen showing as to how corrupt a human being can get, losing the very fundamental tenets of honesty, decency and the love of fellow beings. God, will then descend upon this earth for the cleansing in yet another avatar".

To the hapless mother and her son, I only wish to say that I grieve with you and hope that the perpetrators of the crime are brought to book forthwith!

No comments:

Post a Comment