Saturday, June 16, 2012

An aspect that baffles.

I'm gonna narrate an incident that happened during my recent trip to Pune. I was at the RSI waiting for my guests.

As they came in, I noticed a gentleman observing me rather closely and preparing to occupy the cluster of chairs close by. I must add that I noticed him peering at me a couple of times more but did not give any further thought to it as, by then, all my guests had arrived and we're busy with our catching up of so many years! It was then that the gentleman approached me, yet again, to confirm my identity and presto, the mist had lifted off and I realised that it was 'bkr'(let me maintain his identity by his initials) with whom I'd worked before. We, then, exchanged pleasantries but the awkwardness remained and did not interact further during the evening. My demeanour must have upset him for sure!

I recall that we'd a good working relationship during that tenure and I cannot forget our trip to the Bhitarkanika sanctuary and the Wheeler Island, as by then, we'd become friends or was it all my imagination? He was instrumental in Lekha getting access into the AIIMS, at Delhi, for medical management.

Subsequently, our relationship had cooled off and we lost contact altogether. Why had it happened, I do not know. Did he expect me to constantly pamper his ego and keep up the communication? I don't think so because I'm sure he understood me well enough by then, as I believe that any relationship will sustain if its foundation is strong..........



My take.

I suppose that in this case, the foundation wasn't strong enough. For my mind to be totally blank, had I subconsciously erased 'bkr' from my system without trace? Or is it that dementia is setting in? If yes, this early? I'm baffled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment