Sunday, June 24, 2012

The 'Vaayana Vaaram' - 19 to 25 Jun.

Though I've been one among the backroom boys, as part of the PNP Foundation, I must admit that my contribution has been less thanks to my professional commitments. Consequently, I've been flitting in and out of Thiruvananthapuram over the last week as can be surmised from my previous posts. Having said that, as reiterated earlier, my maman, Balagopal and his team have given the logical thread to the string of activities. They deserve the kudos!

Today's seminar on e-governance and its advantages had a packed, attentive audience. And there was the quiz competition between select teams, comprising of smart young boys and girls, from each of the 14 districts of the state along with a painting competition for children of all ages - from kindergarten to class X! The exalted portals of the Kanakakkunnu Palace wore a festive look and the huge gathering confirmed the fact that the people didn't mind spending a 'Sunday' out of their homes. Muthachan would have been really glad, I'm sure!!

My mom has been quite active at my father's place. I'm glad that she's ventured out of the house despite her aches and pains, my niece Ammu being her 'live' walking stick and interlocutor!

There have been numerous events all over Kerala in connection with the 'Vaayana Vaaram' and judging by the feedback received thus far, the response from the people has been fantastic.




No comments:

Post a Comment