Saturday, June 23, 2012

Inspection and after!

Dateline 22 Jun.

This morning, we'd our annual inspection. The inspecting officer seemed to be pleased with what he saw because his remarks on the visitors' book said it all. It was possible only because of the hard work put in by my boys over the last few days, I just needed to give them the general direction at the start. The fact that the inspecting officer happens to be a good friend also helped.

Soon after, we kicked off for Thiruvananthapuram to take part in our school alumni day alongwith pitching in my bit as one of the organisers of the 'Vaayana Vaaram'. The old boys' day falls tomorrow and the 'business meeting', on the occasion, is gonna raise a lot of heat and fury thanks to an unpardonable bungling - again, by an alumnus - in the making of a promotional documentary on the school.

The events of the 'Vaayana Vaaram' have been carefully scripted by my maman and his team. Frankly, I'd nothing much to do except for lending a helping hand to the staff to straighten the rows of chairs and ensuring that the guests were conducted properly, at the venue!

The evening get together of our classmates at a friend's house was simply great. Thanks, Vijayakumar and Anitha for hosting the lovely evening! We enjoyed every minute of our stay at your place!!



Tailpiece.

As we're leaving for the evening's do, my young nephew, Kripashankar, who's studying in class V, asks me in hushed tones, "Mama, will you be having supper with us tomorrow?" I must've hurt him when I'd replied in the negative, thanks to an earlier commitment! How I wish I did not have to let down the little boy!! Life can be complicated!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment