Sunday, June 17, 2012

A collage of thoughts.

1. Father's day.

Achu and Ammu, my nephew and niece, called up to wish me on 'Father's day' and I'm thrilled. It's a tremendous boost for a guy like me who has no biological children. I've told them that I've accepted the responsibility placed on me with humility!

And yes, I missed my dad because we'd spoken about a number of things after wishing him this day, last year.


2. A father's woes.

Ramjee Thakur had come in, this time, to give me my fortnightly haircut and massage - a ritual that I really look forward to and since Chandradeep was away on business. The ever smiling and positively oriented Ramjee, from Bihar, was but sad today. He'd married off his daughter - he's a daughter and a son - about a year back and she'd recently given birth to a baby boy. Stricken by polio during childhood, she's a pronounced limp as one of her legs is shorter.

The young lady has had a torrid time over the last one year at her husband's house where she's taunted for her disability, beaten black and blue for the slightest mistake with an ever increasing demand for money and material 'as a quid pro quo for the family bearing her burden'. It's a sad story, really. I've initiated certain steps and shall keep my readers posted about the results, as they unfold.


3. In the Sangeetha Naataka Academy.

KP Sivasankara Kurup, who'd earlier essayed the role of 'Munshi' on the Asianet channel, has been made a member of the Kerala Sangeetha Naataka Academy based on his contribution in the field. It's my fond hope that he'd put in his mite to make the organisation dynamic and in keeping with the times.

Here's wishing you the very best in all your endeavours, Kurup Kochacha!


4. A music extravaganza.

This weekend, it was a retrospective of Asha Bhosle's light hearted numbers on the programme 'Total Recall' and the selections were superb. I enjoyed every bit of it especially the number, 'paan khao sainya hamaro.....'

How I wished that the programme would go on and on and on.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment