Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Harley Davidson, Empress Garden and so on.....

The morning walk on the Prince of Wales drive, on to the Empress garden and a chukker inside it was enough to rejuvenate me and revive fond memories. But what saddened me was that the garden has lost its pristine glory and the sight of plastic and waste, littered all over, was a damn eyesore. When will we, Indians, learn to love and nurture the environment that we live in?

Joe's prized posession is his gleaming, black and silver, Harley Davidson. When I asked him as to why he drove with his headlights on, he said that it's mandatory as it's heavy(275 kgs, if you please) and therefore, meant to warn fellow motorists and pedestrians! It's a new lesson learnt but I must say that the mean machine really looks impressive. Joe keeps it locked inside his garage while both his cars are parked outside. And its cost......only Rs.71/2 lakhs!

The evening affairs were a whirlwind. I could finally meet Prakash Vishwe, my squadron mate and the armoured corps veteran and matching him drink for drink required dexterity on my part - I think I managed it rather well but was pooped by the time we'd fetched up at the Bagwes' whose patience must have been running out waiting for this erratic guy. His good lady had prepared the most aromatic and tasty chicken biriyani (In fact the aroma continues to linger as I punch in these thoughts) for the evening and I must say rather shamefacedly, that I ate myself silly.......yet again!



Tailpiece.

Lekha's quip that she'd enjoyed being with everyone, whom she'd come across during our whirlwind tour of the city, was heartening.

PS.

It's one more day down at Pune and the prospect of having to leave soon makes me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment