Sunday, August 12, 2012

Against the tenets of astrological predictions!

My mother had called me to say that I should not drive because the astrological column, 'This week for you' has predicted a catastrophe for your's truly on the roads. She was giving me this warning as we're supposed to be at home for the weekend to attend a family event.

She makes it a point to read the column and asks us to take remedial action so that no harm comes our way. A noble and selfless thought but what she doesn't seem to understand is that one would be bound to the four walls of one's home, not being able to do anything, if one were to take note of such warnings!

But mom is mom and she'll always worry about her children. Actually her genuine concern about our safety is adequate enough to tide over any sort of emergency that might crop up! And I'm pretty sure that she's made a tryst with her God for a 'puja' or an offering to ensure that no harm befalls us!


Tailpiece.

Anyways, the journeys up and down had gone off smoothly without hiccups. My mom's prayers have worked, yet again!


No comments:

Post a Comment