Monday, June 2, 2014

And finally, the review!

The day had begun just like any other. The morning walk followed by the tending of the garden, a quick breakfast and by a quarter past 10, we'd set off for Kochi to keep the date with Lekha's doctor at the AIMS. The drive was without glitches and we're in the city by lunch time. After leaving mom at my aunt's place, we'd reached the hospital by a quarter to 3 and had got Lekha's name added to the long list of people waiting to meet up with him.

As I'd said earlier in this forum, I'm impressed with the doctor's dedication towards his work and his loyalty to the patients. Actually the relationship is mutual and the patients go back happy, smug at the thought that the doctor will see to it that they do not come into harm's way!

This meeting with the doctor was after a lapse of six months as we'd bucked the two earlier appointments - the first because the doctor wasn't keeping well and the second was because Lekha was in hospital for the Oxygen therapy. He's now asked her to meet him after 45 days after correcting the dosages of the prescribed medicines!

And after that it was a nice, boisterous dinner at my chittamma's place. The kids, Vivek and Lekshmi, are adorable and seemed to be thrilled at having us with them.


Tailpiece.

I was reminded of my evening trysts with their grandfather, my Narendran kochachan, who'd left us quite young. His portrait kept at a vantage spot of the house seemed to come to life, at least to me. I'm sure he's around watching as his son and my cousin, Sajeev braves many a storm in his life! And I'm sure that he'll come out with flying colours!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment