Sunday, June 29, 2014

Back at 'The Quarterdeck'.

After ten days, we're back at home this evening, by teatime. It took me all of ten hours to steer my way with halts, as convenient, so as to not allow the journey to overbear us which usually happens when we're to chase 'milestones'!

We'd set off from Suresh and Sindhu's place by 6 o'clock in the morning, picked up mom from maman's place, took in the things that we'd forgotten from Indira kunjamma's place and were back on the highway an hour later. The traffic was sparse and the erratic motorists, very few and far between! And yes, there was no sight of rains forecasting a looming deficit of monsoons and the consequent power deficiencies!!

The two jobs have been completed at 'The Quarterdeck' as promised by my man, Friday, during our absence. Damn sweet of him!

The evening walk was refreshing and gave me the opportunity to burn the flab that I seem to have picked up over the past days. Most of the people that I'd come across during my walk wanted to know the reasons for my long(?) absence and it gave a nice feeling to know that one also gets missed!

And a little late into the evening, there was a downpour as if to give an impression that the rains were waiting, all these days for us to return, to fall! The downpour was welcome though the subsequent sultry heat was very, very oppressive.    

No comments:

Post a Comment