Friday, June 20, 2014

To my dad's place.

The activities of the Vaayana vaaram(2) had started off in right earnest at the Kanakakkunnu Palace. As the proceedings got under way, I made myself scarce as we're on our way to my dad's place as there were a few activities scheduled there for the next few days.

The sky was overcast all through, the traffic was passable and the drive was nice.......till.....

We're about a couple of kilometers away from Lekha's place and passing through blinding rains. The speed had to be brought down as an autorickshaw was turning and during the momentary pause, there was a loud thud at the Chevy's rear, Lekha'd her head hit the roof but thankfully, mom didn't have much of a problem! Fearing the worst, I'd got out of my car but consciously kept my temper under check and inspected the impacted portion. Luckily, the damage wasn't visible and I'd a lot of distance to go and plenty of activities to do over the next eight days and the Chevy was an important factor to help me achieve the milestones!

The SUV was teeming with passengers and the three gentlemen who'd come out of the vehicle looked thoroughly apologetic for the mishap and one among them shared my name too. I'd taken down their contact number and given them mine for absorbing the shock of the impact as would be attained by the automobile mechanic. The gentleman had also apologised to Lekha for causing discomfort.

We'd reached my dad's place, by teatime, after spending a delightful afternoon at Lekha's place.


Tailpiece.

The SUV that had impacted my Chevy had a very bad gash on its front bumper. And I was always under the impression that the SUV had a tough body.....my Chevy strongest!





No comments:

Post a Comment